Friday, February 22, 2013

Obsessed.



Cravings. I've begun to embark on my quest of all things spring 2013.

Prabal Gurung for Target
First, florals. Prabal Gurung's spring collection for Target began my thirst for this trend.  I've always had a things for flowers, but fell out of love because things stopped being pretty and instead were old fashion grandma prints.  However, Gurung combines multiple trends, ink blots, bold brights, and florals. His sweatshirt, one of the first things I bought from the collection, is a great example.  Some more florals to pine for? Paul and Joe, Moschino, Prada, Rochas, Zac Posen, and Richard Chai Love. All unique and daring to be different.
Runway:

Paul& Joe

Prada

Rochas

Moschino

Rochas

Zac Posen

Richard Chai Love
On the street:





Jcrew
Next up, black and white.  The perennial favorite, black and white stripe, is back in full force, but so are checkerboards, dots, and color blocking.  Like florals, you can find this trend in great inexpensive places, Forever 21, Jcrew, Zara, Piperlime, and White House/Black Market. One of my favorite finds this spring is this Jcrew stripe top with a twist, bold chartreuse.  My dream items would be anything from Marc Jacobs/Louis Vuitton, he takes black and white to the next level! And my kingdom for the full length Oscar de la Renta stripe dress!

On the Street:



Runway:



Finally, my last obsession is one I've never had before, summer leather.  I have three leather jackets, but I've never owned any kind of lightweight leather clothing.  But this year I'm going full blown.  Forever 21 has a fabulous faux leather peplum top, my first buy for this trend.  Black is the most basic color, but you will be able to find summer leather in a rainbow of color choices. Vegans rejoice because there are amazing selections of faux leather for the season. A great vegan line is Tinley Road, found at Piperlime.com.  If you are looking for some awesomely bold leather designer pieces this spring, look no further than Rag & Bone, Derek Lam, and Alexander Wang. The best new features in leather are the cool cut outs, mixtures with lace, and perforated pieces.
Forever 21
Runway:


On the street:


February is fashion month. Shows from New York to Milan tempt us with next fall and winter's delights.  But if you are like me, and are not ready to ponder endless winter and instead are ready to dive into warm weather fashion, then fear not.  The days are getting longer and warmer by the second.

Fashion is what you are offered four times a year. Style is what you pick out of that fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment